Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

First fix

I had three goals today.  Cut out the broken  side and make a new one.  The second goal was to paint the Cates bottom red. And the third goal was to finish repairing a canoe that I'm going to donate to my church for there auction.  I got all three done.  This is the new gunwale.  The picture of the Cates is here.  The canoe is not posted...

You can see where I cut the broken one out.  I'll fit the new one then scarf it to the existing wood and then we can true the boat up by attaching it to the transom.  Also note the come-a-long that is holding the boat together.

No comments:

Post a Comment