Follow by Email

Monday, March 5, 2012

Can of worms

Yup, I opened it...  I got to the bow today with the intention of taking off the handle that acts as a lifting handle and the bow chain plate.  I got it off but in doing so I realized that the entire bow section is full of rot and is delaminated.  The fwd deck frames are just as bad.  At some point the boat must have been upside down and bow down.  All the water drained to the fwd section and this is what we have.   Thoughts on repairing this without taking it off are welcome.  I'm tempted to saturate it with resin and clamps then fill in the voids with thickened goop.





No comments:

Post a Comment