Follow by Email

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dry fit

I spent most of my time today just dry fitting various parts back on the boat just to see if they fit.  I am using straps with comealongs to nudge the boat back into shape.  I think I've just about got it.  As you can see the only real misalignment is at the mast partner strip.  The center line is marked with a faint pencil mark.  It's about 3/4 inch out.  All of the other parts of the boat have fallen in line with the old marks from the original build.  Something I find quite remarkable.  As you can see I've only had to make one deck frame and a few gussets.  If you look at the back of the boat you can see where the brass traveler was installed.  We'll be making a new one from stainless steel.  I bought a silicone/bronze rod for "Last One"  but when I took it to a machine shop to have it bent, it broke.  The SS was much easier to work with.

As a sidebar I filled in the holes in the CB trunk with fairing compound.   Because I glued the trunk back together with epoxy I didn't need the screws..





No comments:

Post a Comment