I got over to CLC today and picked up 2 4 mil ocume panels for the bottom of the boat. I figured I'd cut one in half Then use the other one to scarf a 4 foot section to cover the entire bottom. I described the process for the small section in the last blog.
Well, that's out the window now. I put the cut 2x8 foot panel on the bottom just to see what it looked like. I moved it to the bow to see if it would bend to the contour of the bow. NO SUCH LUCK!!! I started then to look closely at the old bottom and discovered that it was a 3 mil section applied vertically. If you look close a the pix you can see the vertical grain... I think now I'll do the same. I have some 3 mil left over from the Cates. More to follow as I study it in more detail.