Saturday, March 17, 2012

More surprises

I got over to CLC today and picked up 2 4 mil ocume panels for the bottom of the boat.  I figured I'd cut one in half   Then use the other one to scarf a 4 foot section to cover the entire bottom.   I described the process for the small section in the last blog.

Well, that's out the window now. I put the cut 2x8 foot panel on the bottom just to see what it looked like.  I moved it to the bow to see if it would bend to the contour of the bow.  NO SUCH LUCK!!!  I started then to look closely at the old bottom and discovered that it was a 3 mil section applied vertically.  If you look close a the pix you can see the vertical grain...  I think now I'll do the same.  I have some 3 mil left over from the Cates.  More to follow as I study it in more detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment