Follow by Email

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Frames are done

I got the last framing part done.  The inner rails and the mast partner.  I used the original partner.  It had some rot at the bow but after I glued on the inner bow blocks I could cut off the rot and save the wood.   99% of this boat is original so far. Notice that I took the old bottom off.  It's interesting to note that the bottom panel  I removed was a 10 foot length of ply.  The reaming foot of bottom ply is still on the boat.  The joint is at the bow section.  All we have these days is 8 foot sections so I'll be joining two to make a 12 foot panel section. Those skins are next.



No comments:

Post a Comment